Ergonomic training provides information regarding the basic principles of ergonomics, musculoskeletal disorders and ergonomic exercises to avoid problems within the workplace. Ergonomic training not only covers office ergonomics but our consultants are also trained in conducting manual handling training.
Ergonomic training can be carried out in a “Train the Trainer” scenario or in a more general educational session to staff.
Train the Trainer
Ergonomic “Train the Trainer” programs are designed to teach management to conduct basic workstation assessments for employees.
Topics covered include:
- Why is ergonomics important? – what is the cost to the company and to the
- Risk factors of sitting at a poorly setup workstation
- Anatomy and biomechanics of the body
- Commonly injured areas
- Stretch and rest breaks – why do them and what do you do?
- Practical demonstration – this allows the participants to put into practice what they have learnt during the session
- Assessment practice quiz
Following the training each participant is provided with handouts that they can use when conducting workstation assessments.
” Unnecessary costs…musculoskeletal disorders are entirely preventable yet they cost businesses millions of dollars every year. Staff may not complain but they do take time off to recuperate.”