These seminars are designed to provide employees with the knowledge they need to prevent musculoskeletal injuries. The aim is to teach the staff good working postures, correct workstation setup and early identification of discomfort or injuries.
Staff ergonomic education seminars are often combined with individual workstation assessments.
Key topics covered during the seminar:
- What is ergonomics – why is it important to have a correct workstation set up
- Placement of equipment on the desk
- How to correctly adjust your chair, monitor, keyboard, mouse, phone placement
- Rest and stretch breaks – why do we need them? What types of stretches should I do?
- Why movement is important when you are sitting during the day
A checklist of how to set up the workstation as well as stretch sheets are provided to staff.
“Staff retention and productivity…an established ergonomics program demonstrates managements willingness to care and avoids staff being absent and less productive as a result of working with discomfort.”